New Rules for the Workplace
Some thoughts about how to “make work better” based on past experiences.
It’d be great if everyone were to adopt and embody these practices.
This will help with collaborations so long as everyone agrees and commits.
- If you say you’re going to do something, write it down, put a date to it, and deliver it
- Hold yourself accountable
- Every day before you go home, write down the top priority to accomplish the next day
- Start every morning with what’s on that note
- Stick to your due dates
- Do what you say you’re going to do
- Focus, focus, focus
- One. Task. At. A. Time; Please.
- Every Friday, write down top three priorities for upcoming week
- Keep these journals religiously
- Small, forward progress, always picking up first downs, will help you score the touchdowns
- Be strategic with what you put out on the internet
I made this site to learn through discourse. Your thoughts here👇 or on Twitter are encouraged!