What has my attention now
This page focuses on what I’m building, writing, and exploring. The ideas here are actively being tended over time.
- A new learning, knowledge building, idea generating, and note taking system
- Just get started taking notes and let structure emerge over time
- always have something write about
- The goal of a learning system is to trigger the right memory to help us remember the most useful information at the time we need it
- My new system design
- Finding ways to automate what you can
- Friday is for closing loops, weekly reviews, and funky tunes
- A Digital Mind Garden
- Build consistency for The Refined Mind
- Send every two weeks
- Signup page: https://refinedmind.co/subscribe
- » » » Writing themes
- Am I the mediocre white man they so often speak about?
- We have barely begun to see the effects of the fallout from this pandemic
- How to take smart notes
- Work from home is not a binary
- How this creative team rapidly transitioned to distributed work
- Teach what you learn
- public notes build authority and trust
- I preach but I don’t practice. It’s time to build the practice.
- Start teaching as soon as you understand something
- Adulthood is making decisions
- create a market for yourself
- Learning in public
- I’m looking for new, meaningful projects in 2021
- Learning in public
- Sensemaking and wayfinding are critical skills for thriving in 2020 and beyond
- These skills help independent professionals
- The Great Reset. The Great Pause. The Ultimate Weird. The Reboot.
- How to build a body of work over time
- What the changes post-covid mean for independent professionals
- Who could use help adapting to our new reality and what helps the most?
- Building capacity: distributed work, collaboration, way finding, mental wellbeing
- Adapting plans and strategies by identifying the changed dynamics most important to you
- How can individuals reconnect with their true selves during this pandemic
- How to effectively create a market for yourself
- How Orgs and teams benefit from a shared digital space
- G Drive, Mural, Guru, Trello, Notion
- How to process the reality, severity, and impact of what’s happening in our country and abroad, what that means for our economy and my livelihood, and from what efforts and investments am I most likely to generate income
- It’s tough to live life amid all these circumstances
- Black Lives Matter
- Learning how to evolve from “person who continuously learns and supports others” to “actively antiracist.”
- America needs to be redesigned
- Am I the ‘mediocre white man’ they so often speak about?
I made this site to encourage dialogue. Your thoughts here👇 or on Twitter are encouraged!