What has my attention now
This page focuses on what I’m building, writing, and exploring. The ideas here are actively being tended over time. Please share your thoughts, challenges, and constructive criticisms with me anytime!
- A knowledge building, note taking, idea generating, learning system
- The goal of a learning system is to trigger the right memory to help us remember the most useful information at the time we need it
- my digital ecosystem
- Consistency for The Refined Mind
- Send every two weeks
- Signup page: https://refinedmind.co/subscribe
- I am looking for new and meaningful projects in 2021
- Sensemaking and wayfinding are critical skills for thriving in 2020 and beyond
- These skills help independent professionals
- The Great Reset. The Great Pause. The Ultimate Weird. The Reboot.
- How to build a body of work over time
- It feels like there’s a new internet being built with the principle of the early days—sharing and connecting knowledge—but with the wisdom of today, accumulated over decades of improving technology’s capabilities
- Non-linear writing’s ability to jump from sentence to sentence, idea to idea, changes the way the mind thinks through ideas
- A knowledge worker’s toolkit needs to be well rounded like a carpenter’s
- How to process the reality, severity, and impact of what’s happening in our country and abroad, what that means for our economy and my livelihood, and from what efforts and investments am I most likely to generate income
- It’s tough to live life amid all these circumstances
- Black Lives Matter
- Learning how to evolve from “person who continuously learns and supports others” to “actively antiracist.”
- America needs to be redesigned
- Am I the ‘mediocre white man’ they so often speak about?
- We have barely begun to see the effects of the fallout from this pandemic